3.14.2011

I ♥ Faces: Sunflares




When we moved across the US last August,
I knew saying goodbye to family and friends would be difficult.
I knew my 4 year old would have the hardest time with it.
Leaving behind her best friend, who just happened to be 84 years old,
proved to be {even today} quite painful.
Crista spent every Wednesday with Jean.
From 9am until 7pm.
Every Wednesday since her first birthday.
Crista still sheds tears for her Jean, even now at 7 months later.
And its on those very special days when there is a surprise letter waiting for Crista in the mailbox
that Crista feels especially close to Jean.
Its one of those drop-everything-you're-doing-right-where-you-are kind of moment.
Tearing open the letter to see what's inside.
Crista lives for these moments.
And I just happen to capture it this week :-)

Make sure you stop by I Heart Faces to see some incredible Sunflare pictures!









6 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful story! How incredible to have such a lovely photo to document those special moments.

Misty said...

Lovely story...such a beautiful "rainbow" sun flare!

Alex and Emily said...

What a precious moment! Very beautiful!

mrshenley said...

I agree. I love the story, makes it that much more meaningful and the rainbow glare is awesome!

jimi said...

And you captured it so beautifully! It's not just a picture, it's a moment relived by looking at it. How precious!

Heidi said...

Oh this is just so wonderful! The photo itself and the lovely story behind it!